Monday, September 21, 2009

Award wining artists are signing up

Last two days we had a couple of award winning artists join our (still) small (but slowly growing) community at AnimationHut.TV. Last night it was Alex Woo and today it was Scott Strong.

I'm sure most of you know who Alex Woo is, but just in case, he won the Academy Award for best student film, in 2004, for Rex Steele: Nazi Smasher. Rex Steele was first created by Bill Presing and Matt Peters and was first developed into a comic book. Later Matt and Bill teamed up with Alex and Dan Blank, and together developed the script for the short film, which Alex directed. The film won the Academy award for best student film and that pretty much secured a future in animation for Alex. Alex hasn't uploaded any animation on the site, yet, but I guess we'll be hearing from him in the near future.

Today, Scott Strong joined our community. Scott is a two-time Emmy award winner. I guess, when one has two Emmys under his belt you can't really say he was just lucky. I know Scott very well from projects we used to work on and I can tell you he's a really talented artist.

Scott already uploaded a couple of videos, today. The one that I would like to draw your attention to is the animated intro for Chasin' Gus' Ghost.


Chasin’ Gus’ Ghost is a documentary film about the history of Jug Band Music. Scott worked mostly on the main character animation. All design work was created by Diana Brian and the music is by John Sebastian And The J Band.

Although Scott uploaded only these two videos, his work has already been featured on our site form the beginning, because him and I worked together on so many projects, usually when I show my work I am also showing his.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be approved by administrator before they go live. Spam attempts and/or comments with URLs will never be approved on this blog, unless prior permission was obtained.